17 June 2012

Movies: The Hangover Part II

The Hangover Part II (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1411697/

Comedy

The groom-to-be, two of his friends and the bride's brother all pile into a car and head to Vegas go to the beach and drink one beer for the bachelor party. They get a suite at the hotel, have a toast on the roof to commemorate the evening, then they wake up in the hotel room the next morning after an apparent wild night, which leads to a weekend they'll never forget.

Yeah - I copied that straight out of my "The Hangover vs. Bachelor Party Vegas"review and edited it just a tiny bit. Because that's all they did with this film - took the script from The Hangover, used global replace to change "Vegas" to "Bangkok", changed "baby" to "monkey", changed "car trunk" to "ice machine" and altered a couple other minor details, slapped on "Part II" to the title and Viola! Brand spanking new moneymaker trading off it's predecessor's name.

That said, I still laughed at some scenes. I knew what I was in for. I had no expectations for the film to be anything more than just like "The Hangover". I saw it. I laughed. I deleted it from my DVR.

PS Mike Tyson can't sing worth a crap. We know. But did they have to ruin that song with him? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment