23 February 2011

Movies: Nick of Time

Nick of Time http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113972/

An accountant's daughter is kidnapped and the kidnappers tell the father (Johnny Depp) she'll die if he doesn't assassinate the governer of California sometime within the next 90 minutes. Oh - and one of the kidnappers is Christopher Walken.

This 1995 crime/drama/thriller sounds like it should be full of win just because, well, come on. Walken! As a bad guy! and Depp! 

Except it doesn't. I watched it mostly because I thought I saw it ages ago. Turns out I did - and now I know why I tried to forget it.  Nothing Walken or Depp could do to make this movie any better than it is, which is terrible.  Sorry guys. Classic example of how a lot of 1980s/1990s movie sensibilities were crap.


(original post 4 Jan 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment