22 February 2011

Movies: Kick-Ass


A high school student decides he wants to be a superhero, so he buys a green and yellow wet suit and calls himself Kick Ass. With no fight training whatsoever he goes on patrol looking for crime to stop. Then it gets interesting.
Based on a comic series of the same name. I've never read the comics, so I can't comment on the translation from print to film. But - based on the film I saw I might just want to read that series.

The movie had humor, violence, blood, guns, bazookas, severed limbs, cussing, and even pointed out that women have boobs. What more could one ask for?

And tell you what - Hit Girl is AWESOME. And so cute. And deadly.

I didn't even mind Nick Cage being in the film. A while back I did move him up from the 'wooden actor' list to the 'hit and miss actor' list, however he was really teetering on falling back after the Ghost Rider debacle (and Wicker Man remake- ugh). But he's perfectly fine in this role.

If you like comic books it is a definite see movie. If you like drama/comedies with violence it's a definite see movie. I kinda rank it up there with what Shaun of the Dead does for zombie movies.

However, if you don't like cussing, or little girls actually killing people, you might wanna avoid this one.

(original post 5 Aug 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment